What is Quality Control & Quality Assurance
Quality assurance and quality control are both crucial concepts in terms of production to ensure a company's products or services are made effectively and in a manner that they are expected to perform when put to use. If they're not, then customers may be dissatisfied and business will be lost. Quality assurance processes are put in place to provide some comfort that the end product is what is envisaged by the user. Quality control is making sure that the end product really is what is required.
More precisely stated, Quality Assurance and Quality Control are two very closely related concepts where,
- Quality Assurance is a process focused concept, where the processes are put in place to ensure the correct steps are done in the correct way. If the correct processes are in place there is some assurance that the actual results will turn out as expected.
- Quality Control is a product focused concept, where checking of the actual results is done to ensure that things are as expected. If the correct controls are in place you can know for certain that the actual results have been achieved because the actual results have been checked.
Considering an example to understand these concepts, take production of a certain brand of biscuits. Quality assurance would mean setting up the processes necessary to prove comfort that the biscuits are produced to the exact specifications printed in the wrapper of biscuits. Ensuring there is a process to test the composition in the ingredients used, a process directing where the quantities of permitted preservatives, colorings and other ingredients measured. Those processes would be considered quality assurance.
Quality control would be the physical, taste and food tests that take place throughout the process to ensure that the quality assurance processes have been followed and the customer does in fact have the exact biscuits as expected. Visual inspections throughout the process, reviewing the results of the various tests performed, these would all be quality controls performed.
Scope of Work of Quality Control & Quality Assurance Professionals
Scope of Quality Assurance & Quality Control (QA&QC) personnel are wide and varied on the particular field of production. Below are some of the scope of QA&QC personnel which are common to all industries;
- Preparing QA manual, control and supervision of all amendments and revisions, QA/QC Reports. Implement, Control, and monitor all activities related to Quality Management System (QMS),
- Maintaining QA/QC documents of the projects including certificates, calibrations, test results, inspection requests, non-compliance reports and site instruction/observations, permanent materials delivered and other QA/QC documents,
- Issuing Internal Non-Confirmation Reports (NCR) or Site Observations. Responsible for the closure of Non-conformance, NCR and Site Instructions, (SI),
- Being responsible for the quality and workmanship of every activity, thorough knowledge of all phases of engineering or construction relating to Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, Production, Electronic, Architectural and Structural disciplines interfacing the multidisciplinary operations,
- Preparation of Method Statements,
- Liaison with authorities, agencies, inspection bodies including the consultants,
- Conducting regular production site surveillance,
- Verifying that the quality related activities are in accordance with the applicable codes and standards,
- Elaborating inspection and test programs,
- Monitor all quality related activities,
- Performing all internal and external audits,
- Attending quality management meetings,
- Reviewing quality inspection personnel qualifications and training requirements,
- Monitoring the progress and effectiveness of the quality management system,
- Recommending and implementing improvements when required,
- Coordinating all quality related correspondence with all related personnel,
- Monitoring statistical method reporting,
- Acting and closing all customer complaints.
Courses in Academ-ED have been developed by industry experts who have been selected from a variety of industries thereby enriching the courses with a wide array of course material. The courses cover all what is necessary for the participants to practice the profession in their respective organizations with acquired confidence and at the same levels or above the skills of their matured colleagues. Academ-ED courses have been developed to give participants with advanced knowledge & skills in the selected professions which would make them compete with others who have degree level education in the fields. Courses comprise of an excellent mix of hands-on practice, theory, case studies, assignments and integrated studies in technology and scientific knowledge.
Academ-ED leads the way in providing professional courses which are designed with the current and future needs of various employers and careers while giving you the edge in a demanding and competitive marketplace.
Course participants gain a lifelong knowledge and skills that will help them to keep abreast of developments in the industry, including how to satisfy ever more demanding safety, sustainability and technological criteria.
Academ-ED courses provide practical training for you to acquire a unique combination of professional skills, knowledge in conjunction with the added dimension of protecting the environment and sustainability. Academ-ED programs integrate modular designs with a principal focus on the subject and an ancillary focus on the related fields in general in the related career environment.
The courses usually include;
- Presentations which deliver comprehensive subject content to participants,
- Course work consisting of a vast number of professional tasks which have been selected from the field thereby allowing the participants to acquire industry expertise,
- Course notes which give the participants comprehensive reading material which can be used as a reference all throughout their professional life,
- Case studies allowing the participants to get insight into various practical problems in the field,
- Assignments to let the participants to get first-hand knowledge about the tasks in the field,
- Membership in Academ-ED professional associations delivering numerous benefits for professional upgrading,
- Many other items which are detailed in the course pages.
Upon enrolment into courses in Academ-ED, you will be transferred to our main website, www.academedonline.com for the payment process, which is a fully secured site with "https" encryption and a SSL Certificate, thereby eliminating risks to your payment details.
Academ-ED is a US company which develops and delivers professional courses and training to working adults and job seekers worldwide.
The main objective of Academ-ED is to deliver courses and training to needy individuals around the globe by avoiding various barriers which otherwise make it impossible for them to receive quality professional training thereby making them to acquire knowledge and skills required to perform well in their chosen carriers.
While Academ-ED endeavours to provide the best available online courses in various professional subjects, it maintains modest pricing levels for courses with several payment options.
Academ-ED as a socio-ethical organization
Academ-ED gives high priority for social welfare and professional ethics. It considers the professional training needs of the working population of the world and regularly implements methods to provide the best at affordable prices.
While it maintains high quality content in its courses / programs, it tries to maintain the prices at marginal levels compared to other similar courses available online.
Academ-ED provides course promotions at substantial discounts from time to time for each category of courses thereby facilitating those who have financial difficulties.
Such promotions last for 4 to 6 months for allowing sufficient time for the participants to enrol and enjoy the benefits.
Potential course participants for interested course categories may watch the "Academ-ED News" in the home page for upcoming promotions.